Saturday, January 9, 2010

Do we hear the drums ?

annnnnnnnnnd....... the winner of Mineral of the month is Rosasite w Calcite

Some info on this:

This is the pinnacle of mineral collecting.  This is part of a newly found pocket of rosasite in Mexico!  Calcites of this caliber were never before seen from this location.  I was lucky enough to see most of the parcel, and I picked out what I thought was the best one.  These crystals are extremely sharp, and there is absolutely no damage!  One mineral expert I brought this too coined it "Poker-chip" Calcite because of the tabular shape to the crystals.  The layer of the bright turquoise rosasite is magnified through the crystals, and almost creates an optical illusion when you  look at it.  Overall this specimen has all the characteristics of a world class specimen.  Great color, great luster, great aesthetics, no damage, and extreme clarity.

Posted via email from Sell My Gems by SocialNetGate

No comments:

Post a Comment